home about me good eats simple pleasures email

Sunday, August 15, 2010

GRIEF COUNSELOR- PART OF BEING A STEPMOM

When you became a stepmom, you also became a grief counselor.You may not have realized that this is part of your role as a stepmom, but it is.Stepchildren are grieving children due to the losses they have experienced in their lives.Losses due to divorce,loss of security,death of a parent and many other things.My stepdaughter lost her mother at the age of 12. She is now 15 and I am amazed by her growth and strenghth as I have daily watched her.I know that she is coming to terms with the reality of her loss and that life does not always seem fair.I know her sorrow lingers.Grief is a journey,not a destination.I am watching her take this journey.As a stepmom,you need to show compassion and understanding.Be there for them.You can not fix their pain and sadness from their losses,but God can.My heavenly Father is no stranger to grief or loss.I pray that God will help me to be a stepmom with love and compassion for my stepdaughter.That God will mold my heart to be like his so that I can be a blessing to my stepdaughter.Thank you God for helping me daily with my journeys of being a stepmom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...